Friday, December 2, 2011

Good News... Finally!!

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions! Monday and Tuesday were awful just sitting around and waiting for my blood test on Wednesday morning. My sister-in-law came over on Tuesday with my niece to keep me company because I was starting to really go crazy. Anyway, Wednesday morning came around and I went with my husband to take my blood test. They drew the blood at 7:30 in the morning and waited until after 4 pm to call with my results!! Well, the number was low, 37.1 and I hung up the phone and cried and cried and cried and then called my husband and then my mom and cried some more. Every time I look for info on other women and what their numbers were, anything above 50 seems good and anything below 50 never seems to be any good news. I was feeling no symptoms. For a while on Tuesday and Wednesday I was dizzy and having cramps and then that all pretty much just went away and I went back to feeling nothing and then crying some more. So then when the Dr. called she said I had to come in for another test on Friday. 

Well I have been a complete mess since that phone call at 4 o'clock on Wednesday. My mom cancelled all her plans to come keep me company on Thursday and today to get my mind off of everything and she really has done a great job. We went to the movies and out to eat and then today after my blood test we spent the day shopping. I was expecting a call at around 4 again because that's the time when my doctor likes to sit down and make all of her phone calls so, the last store we went into I left my phone in the car and when I came back, I had 4 missed calls and my phone was currently ringing. Thank God my doctor is persistent! She called to say that my numbers more than doubled to 88!!! She has been very cautious with this whole process and finally today she said CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I do have to go back on Tuesday for another blood test and then after we get the results back from that, they will schedule my 6 week ultrasound!!!!

I am so excited right now. I haven't allowed myself to get excited this entire week. My husband and my mom and my brother kept telling me that my numbers were good and everything was going to work out, but I couldn't get excited and I really didn't want to get my hopes up because I know how much it hurts when they tell you that it "just didn't work again this time." I'm in shock. I also argued with everyone about how impossible it was that this worked, so when the doctor called me on Wednesday and told me to refill my progesterone shots I refused to because I thought it would be a big waste of time and money. Today I called and had to pay an extra 25 dollars to put a rush on my order! 

Still praying that everything goes well with my Tuesday blood test. Talk to you all soon!

6 comments:

Lora said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's a scary exciting time but soak up every minute of it, you deserve it! Best wishes and keep us posted!

Elaine VanDRiver said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marilyn said...

oh wow!! Sounds so emotional. I am so happy the numbers are high. Try to celebrate just a little. I remember feeling just like you. My test came back good..but as I got excited onthe phone the doctor said..don't celebrate yet..you have to come back for another test..and then there is the 6 week ultrasound. That was really rude..and caused a me to be really pessimistic. I actually did not celebrate until I hit my second trimester. It is stressful...but I am so glad.you are one step closer to having your dream come true!:)
hugs

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Congrats! Great news!

TheThirtiesGirl said...

How did your blood test go today? Crossing my fingers you've got good news.

Holli said...

I am so happy for you!!!! I truly am :)